Remix platform concept



I had the idea of creating a platform site for (trance) remix exchange.
In a digital world where lots of people like customized/personalized things, and remixing becomes easier and easier (even without the original multi track stems), it becomes natural to me that remix could be a new culture.
So what about opening a site like Bandcamp dedicated to remix ?
Of course, a side aspect of this is that the legal issues with artists (clearance on samples) would be addressed, and the site could even financially helped by major artists/companies, and companies like Korg who develop the app for remixing.
It is a similar case on YouTube where one can use copyrighted content in his video but is not allowed to monetize it.

When searching on this subject, I found DubSet, I'll give a read !
Actually, it is a platform for legalizing remixes by analyzing the audio and find copyrights issues and manage it (automatically ?) with righ holders.

I signed up to DubSet and submitted the edited trance remix of Pink Floyd - Yet Another Movie to see what it becomes. I'm curious...

Comments