Aleatoric generators

 


As a kid, I loved horizontal flat LCD calculators that just emerged from the 80s.


 

When I was a teenager, I had a programmable calculator, first a TI-57LCD. Then a Casio 7000G (G for graphic because I was obssesed with). I used it for my college courses... but also for fun.
I created a small program that generates aleatoric sentences, based on little syntax rules and with main subjects being my pals. The sentences were generally absurd, non sense or surrealist. And I loved it !


When JMJ launched his EŌN app; I was happy! I already experimented with automatic generation of music. There was the Cube (can't find back info on it, alas) PC, Noatikl and more recently Brian Eno's app on iOS. Noatikl is not a ready to go player, Eno's apps generate simple ambient songs ... but Eōn definitely is the boss: it randomly generates songs in the style of the author; that's all. It could have parameters, but it still great.


Electronic artist could make their own version.
I wish I could develop mine, one day... a big dream.


Comments