Reviving an old dream : mandeva.wad

I decided to continue my old tower concept work on DOOM2.
I had the idea of map with towers where the player would be able to climb on the heights and have a overview of a big part of the map, see the enemies, and even begin to fight them.
I like seeing the things moving from a distance.
I called this map Mandeva (don't know why except it sounded good).

The problem is finding an appropriate map editor that works under Windows10 and which is powerful enough (for making stairs automatically, aligning textures, etc).
For the moment, I am trying Eureka.



Like the "facteur Cheval" ;-), I think I could build my map little by little.


Update:
I don't really know what the map would look like; I just want tall towers over the map, from which the player could see where he wants to go. At first he has an overview of the situation (from the tower), then he goes where he wants. A bit like Dungeons & Dragons on MATTEL Intellivision:




I have no precise idea of the atmosphere, the look of buildings (texures), neither the rest of the map.
Just the tower(s). Even about the towers, I don't know. One ? Many ? Little ones ? Large ones ?
I think I should begin by the global aspects of the map, and the gameplay, then make all the finishes (decoration details, textures, etc).



Comments