Kraftwerk wins copyright battle over a 2-second clip


So this court has taken position for (what remains from) Kraftwerk.
https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8490169/kraftwerk-copyright-case-limited-sampling-infringement-european-court

I'm not so surprised by Ralf HUTTER, but things seem not to change with time, it's always the same debate about the right to use samples or not.
Personally, since I make (trance) remixes, I used many samples from the artists I remix, and samples are sometimes recognizable, though I try not use long samples and sometimes process them, and they are "drowned" in the sea of other sounds.
Anyway, anyone should be able to use samples as long as he does not make profit from the samples by simply arranging. Well, actually, there must be a something beween total blocking of samples and no copyright at all.

Comments