A thought on my so-called "trance remixes" (Giacinto SCELSI)


Actually, something I like very much in making my trance remixes is the way that it reveals some bits of the original songs that weren't really heard.
By looping a part of a song and sometimes adding treatments (EQ, chorus, phaser, etc), some things that were already present (but not obvious to the mind) now appear. Some frequencies created in the original song by the mix of several instruments and added treatments may be revealed by looping a small part, and this can be the start of trance(remix). The notes (pitches) of the songs are wanted, but mixing the whole tracks and adding treatments may create other ... things (frequencies).


This makes me think to a fiction documentary about Giacinto SCELSI in which people were scanning walls with microphones to search/hear music (by the way, the hidden composer of SCELSI also said that he was told to write a symphony after being given a tapedeck in which only one note was recorded).


Finally, on one very different side, I also discovered that a novergian DJ (or composer) called André BRATTEN "stole" my idea of remixing Giacinto SCELSI ! smile. But for him, it's especially a manner of explorating madness, freakiness.
Well, I really wanted to remix SCELSI some years ago, but I only tweaked around with a DJ turntable app and some works of SCELSI. Now, I ripped the CD back again, and I am decided to really make (trance) remix out of it.

Comments