Interstellaremix


While working on my computer at home, this part of Interstellar Overdrive was haunting me, I don't why but it appeared to me that this section would be nice once looped... so I ripped the official CD and extracted the part, and make the experiment quickly with Korg GADGET, and actually, yes it works fine !
Years, months, ago, I had this project in mind, but either I wanted to stereoize it and make it a great sound as if it was re-recorded while just keeping the guitar and some organ parts, either I wanted to completely redone it by me... Mad projects, idiot's projects. And it was not possible to remix without having original multi track tapes (I was obsessed with this for years).
And I essentially wanted to make a "rock" remix, not a trance-techno-electronic sounding remix (with synthetic sounds), with Binson Echorec tape echo sounding... I did not suspect that a "trance remix" would be great sounding, probably because I thought that 60's sounding guitar was not suited for it. And I felt that it was a sacrilege to trance-remix it.

https://soundcloud.com/erixoff/pinkfloyd-interstellarpreoverdrive6667remix2018-master

But after having made my trance remixes, I now see things in a different way, and making trance remixes of this song is a way to compile it (one of my goals) and make the sweet inspired parts last longer. And this problem of having drums with the song is not always a real problem: for example in this song, the drums are not proeminent, so it possible to filter them a bit, and... they will be masked by the things I'll put aside (other drums, synths, etc)... So it work, almost accidentally, but it works!


The whole Interstellar Overdrive track is not fully worthing, but there are bits of guitar by Syd that are trippy, spacey, out of this world, and I don't know how he could do it, it's almost like if it was making a symphonic soundtrack for a sci-fi movie with only one guitar.
Rick was good aside, providing some great background, while Roger give the song a bass spectrum, that is not useless.
Nick's drums were not my cup of tea in this recording, too light, too ... jazzy (?), but they were not mixed very loud, so in the way, it's good for my remixes!


The result is quite enjoying me.


Comments