Iteration

My main goal at the "moment" is to establish the basis for all the trance remixes I dreamt to make.
For instance, I'd like to make a first version of trance remix for:
  • Atom Heart Mother (essentially the long title track)
  • Interstellar Overdrive (I'd like to make a mix between the studio version and the Sound Techniques 1966-67 recording)
  • Ummagumma (the live album is so trippy that I'd like to make it last longer)
  • Animals
  • perhaps Dark side of the moon
  • Oval Systemisch

I'll take time to make it with love and be polished enough, but I'm a bit in hurry to make them all before going further.
Then, when all these remixes LPs are done, I'll make a second iteration (on each):
- when needed (for example, when I saw errors like on Pink Floyd AMLOR with long kick drums, bad eq)
- when felt (for example, after a second listen to the remixed LP, new ideas may come, or fixes)
Then maybe another iteration, ...
It's a mean of approaching the idea by successive iterations, and also updating the song when possible, because a song can live in time.

Tangerine Dream kinda made it with Stratosfear '95, Rubycon 2010, Phaedra 2005, etc by making new versions and stamped them with the year.
Personally, I liked the first version of Stratosfear but I love the the '95 version with the main lead guitar melody (not the heavy metal parts).



Comments