Interlude





Before resuming work on Atom Heart Mother trance remixes, now playing with:

  • Aphex Twin "fz pseudotimestretch+e+3 [138.85]" song from Syro LP: actually, I really dreamt of him last night, and it was strange: I told him about a track from Alec Empire wich decelerates tempo/speed/pitch of a sound until hearing distinct snare-like sounds. Yes, remixing Aphex Twin is "dangerous" but I just make it for fun.
  • Robert FRIPP "Gates of paradise" and 1995 "That which passes" soundscapes CDs: because I wanted to transform these often boring pieces. I know, this is serious, and about death (of his father, I believe). Please forgive me, Mr FRIPP, most of these soundscapes are noisy (harmonic dissonance), and there may be other way to talk about death, absence, doubt, etc. By the way, there are also (and this is the most important for me) some really deep and beautiful passages. Please note that I love Robert FRIPP's works with Brian ENO (No Pussyfooting, Evening star, for instance) and the concept of soundscapes with looping.



Comments